This particular statement was made on the witness stand by Josiah Williams the youngest son of Tim and Carla Williams and the Executive Director at WinePress. You can see the entire article here in the Courier Herald.
After she sold the business in April 2010, shortly after, she put in her resignation from WinePress and Sound Doctrine Church,” Williams said.
He testified there were several disputes concerning the sale of the business and taxes owed on the business.
Williams said the business was sold to Sound Doctrine for $10 with more than $300,000 owing in taxes.
He said there was also a dispute over who would pay sales taxes owed on capital gains for about $86,000.
I’d like to add some facts to these statements to show the kind of mind control and intimidation Tim Williams uses even on his own family. These statements are completely false and were obviously spoon fed to Josiah, to keep him as a loyal and committed follower.
1) I turned in my resignation on November 10, 2011 – I would not consider 20 months to be “shortly after” the business was sold. – EXAGERATION
2) When the business was transferred to Sound Doctrine for $10 there were approximately $350,000 in liabilities…none of them taxes. These were monies due printers, editors, vendors, authors, and other various organizations, none of them governmental. – LIE
- For the five years leading up to the transfer of the business, I personally had no say in how the money was spent at WinePress, all those decisions were made by either Tim & Carla Williams, Malcolm Fraser, Joshua or Josiah Williams.
- When I approached management (Tim and Malcolm) in writing about the fact that income was down but spending was still high, including first class plane tickets for Tim and Carla, huge salaries to the Williams family totaling half a million dollars a year, and other frivolous spending, I was rebuked, disciplined and called a witch, and instructed to shred all my journals and anything else where I might have written down any incriminating evidence.
3) There was never a dispute about who would pay the sales tax on the transfer of assets. Even though it was clearly the church’s responsibility to pay it, I was convinced that it was my responsibility to pay. I wrote a letter to Malcolm stating that the State of Washington required payment within 2 weeks or they would go after WinePress for the $15,000. I asked, “Is there anyone in the church could co-sign a loan for me so I can get this paid?” To which I received a letter from the Sound Doctrine/WinePress attorney threatening “further action” if I did not take care of this responsibility immediately.
It was then I realized I’d been deceived for 12 years and turned in my resignation.
For the last 20+ months I have been painted as a disgruntled former employee. Someone who had made a shambles of WinePress and had to be “rescued” by Tim Williams. One statement was made along the lines of “before I (Tim) got involved in running WinePress, the company charged $20,000 for a book with no distribution or publicity, but now we offer a better product with great distribution and promotion for a fraction of the cost.”
1) Tim Williams book was published in 1998, 5,000 copies for about $20,000. Not only was his book distributed by all the major distributors, it was taken to the Christian Booksellers Convention and was promoted heavily by our publicity department.
2) In 1998 there was no such thing as print on demand, so the idea of publishing 10 or 20 copies of a book for a “fraction of the cost” of an offset print run was not even a possibility.
3) I still have copies of a letter from the host of “Save America” Chuck Crismier where he attempted to address some of the doctrinal error in the book, after he had Tim Williams on his national radio show. The result of this thoughtful attempt to discuss error? Chuck’s WinePress book was immediately taken out of print and his account with WinePress closed. He was shamed, shunned, and excommunicated from the WinePress family of authors.
A friend sent me this scripture the other day…
“Doom to the shepherd-leaders who butcher and scatter my sheep!” God’s Decree. “So here is what I, God, Israel’s God, say to the shepherd-leaders who misled my people: ‘You’ve scattered my sheep. You’ve driven them off. You haven’t kept your eye on them. Well, let me tell you, I’m keeping my eye on you, keeping track of your criminal behavior. I’ll take over and gather what’s left of my sheep, gather them in from all the lands where I’ve driven them. I’ll bring them back where they belong, and they’ll recover and flourish. I’ll set shepherd-leaders over them who will take good care of them. They won’t live in fear or panic anymore. All the lost sheep rounded up!’ God’s Decree.” Jeremiah 23: 1-4 (The Message)
May it ever be so for all those who have been deceived by the Sound Doctrine lie.
Pingback: Toxic Leader Behavior and Proverbs 6 | Not Afraid to Tell My Story